Thursday, November 21, 2013




Hitchhiker's Guide to The Galaxy





This is the first time since middle school that I have listened to any type of audio broadcasting. It is certainly a big change from just reading a book. It changes the feel compared to silence. I would rather read this in comic form because it would make it easier for me to read. I tend to get lost quite easily when things don't go at my own pace. I think anyone could agree with that!

Listening to this made me crack up! The sarcastic nature of the narrator constantly made me laugh out loud. I have always liked thick sarcasm and sardonic senses of humor. At other moments I would get kind of lost in the conversation. Like the word "Beetle Juice" was mentioned and I just kept thinking of the movie. The narrator pretty much makes fun of humans and how flawed they actually are. I agree with this because we are flawed and sometimes it just amazes me how stupid people can actually be.

The longer I listened to this audio the more I was confused. The narrator makes the man of the tale seem that he is slightly bonkers. The man is constantly trying to explain his situation to the people around him, and most of them are in denial. I like this audio because it makes me think about how the story is told and the way the people in the story act.

All in all I liked it. I would much rather read it myself because it appeals more to me. I am able to imagine the scenarios the way I want them to be in my head. Thats why I believe that books should not be made into movies. They absolutely butcher the movies and it makes people like me, who actually read the book very angry. Books are made books for a reason! I'm sorry I just think that things should be left how they were initially intended. Sadly this world only cares about money and greed, so they try everything they can to make a buck.

I recommend listening to this if you want to constantly giggle to yourself, or even laugh out loud! It is definitely a different experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment