Thursday, October 31, 2013




Night Circus



This was actually a pretty fast read for me. Right from the start is pulls you in with all of these intricate details. Then it trows you for a loop when the characters actually have crazy powers that they harness with their minds. I really enjoyed the details that the author gave throughout the book. I have always enjoyed major details as well as small ones. I have always had a knack for remembering those minute details that usually get quickly overlooked. And what makes it better is that those details usually end up becoming a major key in the book. Also with details that are so small I have a knack for remembering them perfectly. I think books that lack detail are less appealing to me as a reader and I slowly start to lose interest. When it seems to drag on and not really set a mood for the setting or the characters, I tend to stop reading it.

I also enjoyed the story line! I always love books that involve a fight to survive. In this case it would be a duel between two very powerful teenagers. Sadly they are just pawns in this cruel world they have grown up in. They have been trained over the years to hone their skills in the hope of their teachers to win this duel. However, these two end up getting together despite their teacher's knowledge.

This book kind of reminds me of Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I say this because in both books the characters are faced with life risking challenges for the sake of other peoples enjoyment. They are faced to fight to the death against each other. They also end up unwittingly falling in love with the ones that could be a dangerous threat. While facing such dangerous obstacles the characters are drawn or forced to help each other with the hope of survival. I recommend both books for anyone who enjoys awesome fight scenes and unexpected romance!

Knowing this, I really enjoyed this book and what unfolds within it. I think for some the beginning might seem to drag on with all these crazy details, but it really adds to the feeling of the book and the spaces around the characters. I also think it was really great to start with the father's past and introducing his daughter, which was an unknown element to him at the time. He learns quickly that she possesses the same powers as him, if not stronger. This is when the unyielding training unfolds on his daughter, our main character. She plays as his pawn from the very beginning.

All in all I truly enjoyed this book, it was quite refreshing!


No comments:

Post a Comment